Is your sex life unethical?
Image courtesy of Regards Coupables
Making ethical choices in life can be hard – even in the boudoir. As the great Albus Dumbledore said “you have to make a choice between what is right, and what is easy” but we are here to make it both right and easy (yes, we just quoted Dumbledore in an article on sexual intercourse). And no, we aren't about to shame you about your preferences in the bedroom.
If you’re doing the jiggy, here is a list of some of the less harmful (to the environment) options so that guilt shouldn’t have to ruin your sex life.
2. Vegan lube – keep it sloppy with none of that animal cruelty balderdash. Sliquid create lubricants that are free from animal products as well as being glycerin and paraben free, meaning no yeast infections or links to breast cancer.
3. Into a bit of BDSM? Try Bijoux Indiscrets for body harnesses that are made ethically in Spain from vegan leather. The only skin in the bedroom will be you and your partner's.
4. You know what’s fun? Toys. You know what’s not fun? Poor factory conditions and plastic waste. Sh! Women’s Erotic Emporium make all toys in Britain, taking care of its employees, as well as all packaging being recyclable. So many birds with one stone.
5. Even if you’re going solo, there are ways to make sure your environmental impact is low. Other than the good old hands on deck, We Vibe makes vibrators with eco-friendly rechargeable batteries, ensuring they are carbon neutral. All products are also free from phthalates, latex and BPA meaning they are completely body safe.
6. A lingerie lover? Buttress & Snatch produces its pieces in workshops in Hackney just for you. There is no waste, no cheap labour and all materials are sourced from the UK. Not only are the pieces ridiculously sexy, they cater for all body types too.
7. Eco-conscious, green and gender-inclusive sex toy shop As You Like It covers all bases. From hand-crafted pelvic floor toners made of wood to Japanese style bondage rope, there is something for everyone.